• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pioneer rack and tire tools ???

fredrader

Hi All,I would like to know exactly what tools go in the rack on the side of my deuce..I see the racks on just about every deuce I see but there are never any tools in the rack..I have a short handle shovel and picks etc but I think my shovel is a little long for the rack..Any help would be appreciated..Oh and what tire tools are supposed to be in the deuce ? Pics will help...Thanks,Fred

jasonjc

asfor the rack it takes a "D" handle shovel a 4lb ax and a mattock (pick)
as for the tire tools a tire inflation hose 8 ton jack a bar wheel socket wrench

if you look in TM 9-2320-361-10 in the back in appendix "B" they list all the stuff and have drawings of every thing you need

Opie

And we would f course be remiss if we didn't mention that our sponsor has these items for about $20 - $25. (Maybe I could sneak these items into the family budget as "yard tools.")

Loose Deuce

Is that short socket that they say you should have for the spare tire dismount necessary? Or just use your impact socket if you have one?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dan, to answer your question in a round about way, no. That short socket is better suited for tha job than the regular wheel socket but I would keep them just for show. One of my lug bars is all bent up from trying to remove a tire. When I hit the road I carry a 3/4" ratchet and sockets necessary for the job. The issued lug wrenches are marginal at best.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thus far it has been. It's a Crafstman 3/4" In a bad situation I once had to position it with a hydraulic bottle jack under the handle and jack it up to loosen the lug. It worked! The sliding tee handle with attached pipe did not. This was on one of the M353 trailers out of Albany GA. When Cranetruck was here I used his Campbell Hausfeld 3/4" impact running off the air in his truck and it popped lugnuts off of the M105 without a sweat. I think I'm going to buy one of those impoted guns to see how it holds up.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thus far it has been. It's a Crafstman 3/4" In a bad situation I once had to position it with a hydraulic bottle jack under the handle and jack it up to loosen the lug. It worked! The sliding tee handle with attached pipe did not. This was on one of the M353 trailers out of Albany GA. When Cranetruck was here I used his Campbell Hausfeld 3/4" impact running off the air in his truck and it popped lugnuts off of the M105 without a sweat. I think I'm going to buy one of those impoted guns to see how it holds up.

fredrader

Well I went out in the shed and found a few tools to put in my pioneer rack today..I don't know if they are the rite tools but I figured it looks better with tools than without them..