• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

place for spare tire on M51 and M52

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am busy with the M51 to M52 switch, and am now looking at where to place the air and electrical connections for the semi-trailer. Looking at some of pictures and video's of the M52A2, it seems to me that they moved the spare wheel about 10" more to the driver side. The original vertical support for the spare tire directly at the end of the tool box is still there. The room between the old and new support is used somehow for the connections and the air hoses.

Anybody got a detailed picture or schedule of that and of how the air and electrical conenctions are fixed there? I would like to get as close as possible to an original M52.

fasttruck

Remember the spare tire/tool box assembly on a m51 and m 51 look similar but, alas, they are not. M 51 or M 817 is narrower than an M52 or M 818 as it fits under the cab shield on the front of the dump body while the tractors it goes to the edge of the body. The extra space on hte middle is where the air and electric hook ups are. The seem to tee off the ones going to the rear of the chassis for the air and a harness plug is provided for the intervehicle electric cord.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks