• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Planning on buying my first Deuce

SouthTexasDiesel

Hopefully within the next month or two I will be purchasing a Deuce. I found one that is exactly what I've been wanting, it's a little pricey but it's in great shape. And by no means is it going to be a trailer queen, I intend on using it daily for work on my ranch. I've got a few questions before I take the plunge.

1. What are the most important things I need to look at for before buying?
2. How well does the truck move in soft sand?
3. Is there another website that says how to decode the VIN since the one in the sticky thread is gone?
4. Any problems registering the truck in Texas?

Love the website guys and hopefully I'll be in the club soon.

chicklin

SouthTexasDiesel said:
Hopefully within the next month or two I will be purchasing a Deuce. I found one that is exactly what I've been wanting, it's a little pricey but it's in great shape. And by no means is it going to be a trailer queen, I intend on using it daily for work on my ranch. I've got a few questions before I take the plunge.

1. What are the most important things I need to look at for before buying?
2. How well does the truck move in soft sand?
3. Is there another website that says how to decode the VIN since the one in the sticky thread is gone?
4. Any problems registering the truck in Texas?

Love the website guys and hopefully I'll be in the club soon.
2. Supposedly, not great with the stock setup. You might want to switch to super singles or get some chains.

Barrman

RE: Re: Planning on buying my first Deuce

SouthTexas,
Registering in Texas as a former military vehicle is easy, cheap and painless. The VIN decoding has been done on here before. I hate to say it, but searching this site will reveal several threads about the VIN and Texas registration.

If you think the one you are looking at is too pricy, PM Sermis. He might have a spare M35 for you.