• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plastic Battery Box

zak

:?: I was talking to a vendor about a battery box as mine has no bottom(eaten away by rust). He told me that they had also plastic battery boxes, and being new to the M35 world I had no clue. Are plastic boxes a option worth considering? I know it would solve the rust issue, but what about durability?

Larry S
1953 m37cdn
1953 m43
1974 m342a2

Banshee365

I bought one from saturn for $100 and got some new 6TL's from Interstate since my batt's were bad. I know the batteries are expensive but it's all part of me slowly restoring the truck to it's original form. LOVE the plastic box!

Does anyone have any extra pins for the handles? I'm missing one.

-Kelly

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure the plastic box was introduced to eliminate the rust issue as well as reduce/eliminate any possibility of electrical shorts associated with wires touching the box itself. I switched over to the plastic box, (I got Jaymo7's off e-bay), for the reasons listed here. It's much lighter, too! TOUGH plastic!

ida34

Mine came with the upgraded box and new 6tls. Thank to the 746 Maint Battalion for all the good stuff including the brand new tires.