• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please post pictures of your ORIGINAL FAV data plate

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am thinking of having some data plates re-popped and would like to see if the picture I have is correct and I need the actual measurements as I do not have that info.
Here is what I have, I am only concerned about FAVs

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OOORRRRR, none of the original FAVs had data plates and this is just something someone dreamed up????
Although I have seen the word "surrogate" on several different documents pertaining to the original FAV, I of course I am certainly not the first to see any of those documents...

Last edited:

jshull11873

I am thinking of having some data plates re-popped and would like to see if the picture I have is correct and I need the actual measurements as I do not have that info.
Here is what I have, I am only concerned about FAVs
There was a guy making FAV data plates a few years ago. I’ve tried contacting him with no success. I would be interested in having one made although I have never seen one on a vehicle. With the picture you have posted they could be made.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a guy making FAV data plates a few years ago. I’ve tried contacting him with no success. I would be interested in having one made although I have never seen one on a vehicle. With the picture you have posted they could be made.
I am thinking now that they are not "real" I have looked at hundreds of pictures and have not seen any on what appears to be original FAV photos.
I have found a source of the correct rebuild tags that are seen on many of what appear to be original FAV photos.
I did get a quote from a data plate manufacturer and they work out to be about $30 ea, but I believe the quantity was 25 at that price, the more the cheaper.

jshull11873

I am thinking now that they are not "real" I have looked at hundreds of pictures and have not seen any on what appears to be original FAV photos.
I have found a source of the correct rebuild tags that are seen on many of what appear to be original FAV photos.
I did get a quote from a data plate manufacturer and they work out to be about $30 ea, but I believe the quantity was 25 at that price, the more the cheaper.
It was probably made because you have to have one for military vehicle judging at shows. I lost a point for no data plate and a point for no tool box. I now have a very small tool box and would like a plate just for judging. It’s much easier to add them than to try and prove they weren’t there to the judges. A run of 10 would probably be the smallest I could have made. I’ll have to check with my supplier and see what they would charge.

jshull11873

I bought two. It is a great attempt by someone to make the data plate and I appreciate the effort and being able to purchase it, however I’m not going to install it. The way it’s manufactured is incorrect and it contains incorrect information on the plate itself. I doubt anyone else has noticed any of that but I used to work for the government in the aerospace industry so my ocd is off the scale. I’m so bad that I sourced the correct mail spec hardware and even the proper primer and CARC paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks