• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plow Mount

cev65

Im looking to put a plow on my Deuce. I am looking for ideas on how to mount it. It is a 11ft. plow. I have seen ppl. doing it on deuces without winches, but min has a winch.

gungearz

Check your local plow shop for some options. Take their advice and apply it your self. I've seen to many do it yourselfers snap a plow frame due to bad mounts and bad welds and completely screw their plow rig up. They will give you the best advice free of charge in hopes to make some money off of you in the future.

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check with the manufacturer of the plow......you'd be surprised how helpful they are (upon telling them what you're putting their vintage iron on). I'm working on a Gledhill QCP hitch for a plow I picked up at an auction (now with a little primer on it prior to final paint). I thought about using the winch in place of the lift cylinder, but not sure how to put a "stop" so as to not tear apart the rig.

Does the Deuce have a hydraulic winch like the M925?

SS Autoshopteacher has a fantastic plow set up.......trying to replicate what he built.

Attachments

Last edited:

cev65

The current mount setup is the plow mounts to the bumper and has arm that come off and sit on the front axle with pieces of angle. I want to change it because i foresee lots of stress aginst the frontend that way. Expecially with all tires chained pushing deep snow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks