• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pls hemtt

Gunzy

So who managed to get the HEMTTs out of Fort Benning? They were pretty nice 2006 rigs with PLS self loader backs. I would love to have one but came up seriously short on the bidding.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What did they go for? I missed the end and I didn't bother to put them on my watch list since a PLS is way out of my league. :grin:

DrillerSurplus

I went over 20,000 on one that was set up for a 50 cal before I came to my senses & did my 12 step rituals to snap out of it - the freight to the West coast would have added a bunch more.

They looked very clean and since they were the A2 they had the newer Allison HD4560 transmission with a higher top speed.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It surprised me those even made it out! Have any sold previously set up for flat racks?

I think the flat racks I have seen for them are all sold for scrap/destroy on GL.

Maybe more coming out?

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least a couple have sold before. You can do a google advanced search and find stuff; just limit the domain to govliquidation.com and use keywords (e.g. PLS, M1074).

Example: http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=4685368

Anything else you are interested in can be found pretty easy this way, for example those MAN (M1014 etc) trucks. I am going to need some sort of 8x8/10x10 at some point myself...

MO MV man

I couldn't stop drooling over the two NICE M985 HEMTT's in the lot at Fort Leonard Wood on Monday when I picked up my M105A2.

Incredible machines.

DrillerSurplus

It surprised me those even made it out! Have any sold previously set up for flat racks?

I think the flat racks I have seen for them are all sold for scrap/destroy on GL.

Maybe more coming out?
I've seen them once in a while, got two MK1077 flat racks about a year and a half ago to use with MK48s. There's been a couple recently on GL that were torn up a little or missing the whole front where the hook engages. They were reparable and still went pretty high.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't get why the racks are such rarities? the PLS/LHS hooks are the same setup that you would see on a dumpster retrieval truck. Now, I would understand a CHU bringing premium money as they aren't extremely common, but for the racks...? I don't get it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks