• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Point of gravity - bare body M1009

CUCVM1009

Moin Moin!

:beer:

I need the point of gravity from the bare bodyshell (M1009 without anything). We want to put it on a rotisserie during the resto.

Does anybody knows it? I can´t find it in the technical manuals.

Thanks!

Greets from Germany!

Sebastian!

Last edited:

NovacaineFix

That is a good question. I'm not sure if that info will even be in the TM, since that wasn't a method of resto used by the military.
The manufacturer of the rotisserie may have some info.

Also, be prepared when/if you put it on a rotisserie, to build a support(s) for the tailgate and doors if they are going to be removed as this may cause it to flex too much.

Like to see pics of the progress.

CUCVM1009

Hi,

I´ve found a pic from an older Series convertible K5 on goooo.... (before 76). But I am not shure, if these bodys are smilar to my 83!

The only way to find this point out is, to construct a variable high into the carrier-frame. When I can turn around the metal monster with my little finger, I´ll let you know the optimal offset.

The body will be mounted to the carrier-frame with the original mountings. No side-by-side method like other rotisseries. It will be a strong Frame of squaretube, that prevents warping. (most of this)