• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pole Pulling Jack Mounting Bracket?

JDToumanian

Hi Group,

I finally got an original pole-pulling jack for my V-18A/MTQ Earth Borer - Pole Setter truck... But the mounting bracket was missing as well. By the part number, I can tell that it was specially made by the company that assembled the auger mechanism onto the truck chassis, rather than being something offered by the jack manufacturer, so I am planning to fabricate one. I have only seen the bracket in the ORD-9 manual, letter H in the attached scan, never in an actual picture. Does anyone know what it should look like? There are only two 1/4" holes in the bed where the jack should mount. It looks to me like it was just a piece of bent or welded sheet metal with a hole for a pin that went through a carry handle on the jack body, but I want the mounting to be as authentic as possible... Maybe there's an original bracket in a scrap yard somewhere? Or does anyone else have an auger truck? The M764 should use the same bracket...

Regards,
Jon

Attachments

JDToumanian

Wow, thanks! I have that TM but had never noticed that picture before. I guess there's a little more to the bracket than I thought, it looks like it was pressed steel rather than fabricated... I suppose I should exhaust the possibility of finding an original bracket in a scrap yard before cobbling something together.

Regards,
Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks