• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Poltergeist in my CUCV

2deuce

At 3:30 this morning the horn goes off in my truck. At 1st I didn't know what the sound was and I ran around the house trying to figure out where that sound is coming from. My son is up too now, the dog is barking, I open the front door.... horn blaring! Then it stopped for like 1 or 2 seconds and started up again. It was pouring rain, I walked toward the truck about 50 feet and it stopped when I got close. I didn't start up again after that. Maybe it was satisfied that I was now wetaua. I had to go to work soon so I didn't mess with it until I got home and I can't find anything wrong. Anybody with a similar experience? What would cause this?

It made my skin crawl a bit too because my daughter has a different CUCV parked not too far away that has a horrible, sad experience associated with it.

Jeepsinker

You know you have to tell us the other sad experience now right?
Pull your horn button and clean up the crap in there and put it back together. Also, make sure the spring isn't broken or bent, or overly corroded.

Assel

wasnt there a diode in the horn circuit that causes similar problems when it goes bad? I not quite sure about that... I once had a 75ton Dump Truck at work to drive...with a broken horn button..I was driving round the quarry and the horn was on for minutes then off ...etc. pretty funny though for the others ... ripped it completely out & put it back together and it never went on for itself again. (a spring misplaced itself, caused the circuit to be closed)

dependable

There is a horn relay diode located up above the fuse box. It is for radio noise suppression and not normally needed, if you cut it, the horn will stop going, if that is the problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks