• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Portable Bomb Hoist, MK-VI

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does any one have info, or a source for the info, on how these work? I have one that coils in but won't coil out. I think that one handle need to be rotated before it will spool out, is that right? Have tried it and it still wont.

Triple Jim

Actually, I just did an Internet search and it looks like a really nice hand winch that you could use for a lot of things. I was not able to find out how to operate it though.

storeman

Answer is obvious. Mounts on the wing. One bomb, one hoist. Two wings = two bombs, two hoists, (aerodynamically balanced).

Hoist jams, like yours...fly it in. Hoist in working condition, bombardier climbs out on wing and trips the release then climbs over fuselage to other wing and again does his thing. Cable only lifts 15', so I guess low level bombing is the order of the day.

Go Army!
Jerry:beer::beer:

SteveKuhn

Mine just came today. Yeah, I know it's an old thread, but new info livens them up and keeps clutter to a minimum. If it's still a mystery:

Keep some tension on the cable going out. On the inside of the drum, on the side of the free-ratcheting crank, under the cable (hopefully) is a spring-loaded catch that pops up if the cable doesn't hold it down. If it comes up, it will hang on the rear of the case on extension and stop rotation. Push it down until you pass the lip and it'll be fine until the next time it comes 'round.

My non-ratcheting handle wasn't moving until I tapped on the nub at 12 o'clock above it and it freed right up.

I did snap some pictures if they're needed. Currently, I'm trying to work mine out past a kink in the winch end of the cable that's hanging the extension of the rest of the cable. The kink hangs on the lip of the rear of the case.

They are remarkably nice little hand winches.

Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks