• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Positive wire from Alt to firewall of M1009

Craig C

1. Does the red lead (Positive) from the #1 alt D/S, go down and thru the wiring bundle along side the injectors then up the the firewall junction block...triangle shaped black junction block next the the solenoid???

2. Is the blue short led attached to the red lead and then to the junction block a special fusable link and if so where can I get them, are they special or can a blade type fuse be used.

Thanks

Jones

Not exactly sure but if it is a fusable link then any inline fuse of the same amp rating should do. Wouldn't be "original" but would be a heck of a lot easier to spot troubles than a bad fusable link. Not sure who's bright idea fusable links were but they're sure miserable to those not familiar with them. At least Chrysler labels theirs.

CCATLETT1984

yes the blue is a fusible link, you can replace with a blade sytle fuse holder with no issues. I believe that most of the fusible links on the truck are of the 20 or 30amp variety, you should be able to use a lower rated fuse though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks