• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

possible brake issue (m1009 cucv)

galeo7171

I havent driven my cucv for about 2 months. Today I jumped in it and reversed out of the driveway. It backed down the driveway just fine. I put it it drive and it wouldn't move on its own. Usually once you put it in drive it will roll forward under its own power. So I give it a little throttle and it seems to that maybe the brakes are dragging causing it be sluggish. I stopped the blazer and put in reverse and it moved backwards just fine without giving it any throttle. Its only sluggish when I drive forward. Any ideas whats causing this?

Barrman

Your parking brake cables are rusted and not letting the brakes turn off. Crawl under the truck in front of the drivers side rear tire. Wiggle the parking brake cable housing and it might let go. I had the same thing happen last year 200 miles from home. $40-$50 to LMC and all was fixed a few days later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks