• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible Fuel issue on M185

islandguydon

Though I have never had much of a problem getting it started. I am not sure the fuel pump is working all that well. On a cold start up, not necessarily when actually cold outside, she takes a few cranks and a pedal to the floor to fire off. Also, with all of my other deuces, I could put it in first at idle and let the clutch out and they would pull away. Not this thing. I have to give it some fuel. It's never been a problem. But I'm thinking the fuel pump. Otherwise it's a driving truck. Normal power. Everything sounds good. C turbo. Does 55 pretty easily.

Any suggestions...........?

Katahdin

Check the rubber hose fuel line in the fuel pump sending unit. If the line is cracked, or if the hose ends are buggered by the clamps, it could be loosing prime and leaking fuel under pressure.

My 109 starts a lot better cold after replacing the hose and clamps.

Edit: I almost forgot, since the 185 has a van box like the 109, you'll need to remove the fuel tank from the truck to get that fuel pump sending unit out. There's not enough clearance to raise the sending unit under the van body. Sorry!

Last edited:

sandcobra164

I broke one of the plastic lines leading to the intake heater when I installed my turbo. Very similar symptoms. It used to start as soon as you pushed the button. Once I broke the line, she'd fire up quick and die just as quick until you layed on the starter for 30 seconds. Then she'd run fine but she'd drop a drop of fuel on the turbo every 30 seconds or so. Once I fixed it, I was back to normal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks