• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post.."Smack"! Here!.

dmetalmiki

We read of things NOT to do, and yet...
The lads were fixing the top lights on the camper, I climbed up to advise..And having heeded the "be careful" I proceeded to step from this truck to the wrecker bumper. (oh..oh) I hear you say..Well I Had the incorrect shoes on, slipped out of one and fell over and then between the bumper (and emergency glad hand!) and mudguard.
Many Cries of concern, Being extremely fit, and nimble (for age) like an alley cat..I twisted and grabbed stuff to slow the fall. One thing I grabbed in a flash was the wire rope on front. Huh, It was loose!, did hardly anything, or..something? it all happened too quick.
I will NOT be climbing on, or stepping over "things" (High, like that) in the future.
Was I sore And cut? ..Very. OK now.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gravity...

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not the fall that kills you. It's that sudden stop at the bottom that'll get you every time.

Yes, as DH said, GRAVITY...... (and I'll add) It's the LAW OF GRAVITY.
"I fought the LAW and the LAW won....
I fought the LAW and the LAW won."

I'm glad you didn't report and broken bones, sprains or strains, abrasions or even stitches.
With luck like that, have you gotten any LOTTO tickets lately?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks