• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power from Mep-005a

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a question about the output of a MEP-005A.
If you hook it up to Signal phase and try to use it will it shutdown due to not having
the one leg with a load on it?
I see that people or doing the signal phase conversion, is that needed to run or is it to
get the full 30k watts out of the unit?
Thanks,

Keith_J

Most military alternating current generators are 12 lead, meaning 6 stator windings. Including the 005a.

Each winding produces 120 volts, loading only one or two windings to get single phase 120/240 will reduce output and cause vibration.

The 005a requires a manual conversion to 120/240 volt, detailed by member Sewerzuk here on Steel Soldiers. This proper method loads each winding evenly, allowing full output. Yes, there is a YouTube video.

yes, you can get a small amount of single phase from a set, many have a duplex NEMA 5-15 outlet (common household 120).

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most military alternating current generators are 12 lead, meaning 6 stator windings. Including the 005a.

Each winding produces 120 volts, loading only one or two windings to get single phase 120/240 will reduce output and cause vibration.

The 005a requires a manual conversion to 120/240 volt, detailed by member Sewerzuk here on Steel Soldiers. This proper method loads each winding evenly, allowing full output. Yes, there is a YouTube video.

yes, you can get a small amount of single phase from a set, many have a duplex NEMA 5-15 outlet (common household 120).
Thanks I was thinking it was something like that.
I guess I will need to do the conversion.
Thanks again!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks