• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power knob on MEP-002a

hedgehog69

The control on my MEP-002A will not shut off the genset in the OFF position. Works fine in all other positions. Genset runs great. The little emergency pull out buttons will not shut it off either. Is the whole switch bad?
Also...thanks to Speddman, I believe. The 'quickflashing' tip. I think that is what it was called. I tried to find the post, but failed. The voltmeter..I think...was flatlined...nothing. I flipped the switch back to start after it was running...and bingo...works like it should!! Thanks!!!

derf

Yes, check the solenoid and related linkage.
It should turn off the fuel when the switch goes to off position.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to have to agree with the other folks, check the fuel solenoid and fuel shut-off linkage and maybe even the shut-off rod in the IP if nothing external pops out at you. Even if the master switch was bad, the DC circuit breaker should have killed all the DC and stopped the engine dead by de-energizing the fuel shut-off solenoid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks