• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

power steering fluid for m813a1?

03silverado

Thank you everyone I kinda figured power steering fluid was the best but wasn't sure I also heard that the no. 10 fluid is basically aw32 hydo oil so that makes sense that would work as well[thumbzup]

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just bumping this up.. anyone have a preference on which one to run. looks like my 816 has red tran fluid in it. working on new 818 tractor and the pump has never had fluid in it.

dozer1

I use about a 1/2 ATF AND 1/2 Gunk Power Steering Fluid blend in most anything I got . Havent gotten to changing the M817 ps fluid yet but thats what it will get. The Gunk stuff says it conditions seals and quiets the system. It isnt much more expensive then the ATF so WTF ya know? For cars with the front wheel drive rack and pinion systems, I just vac out what I can from the reservoir about every 3rd oil change and cap it off with Gunk psf. Havent had a rack fail me since I started doing this. If you have ever tried, you know how tough it is to fully change the psf with most of these systems.