• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

power steering goes out intermittently

IroncladGA

I had this same issue with mine years ago. First off, check the fluid in the PS reservoir. Refill with Dex III if low.

Second, check all your connections. I found that the inlet hose attachment on the PS cooler that sits on top of the radiator is sometimes hard to attach, and If it has a slow leak, it will follow the hose, then drop onto the suspension, and finally drip under the geared up on front driver side, which is deceptive. If you are seeing drips in that area, it could be your PS hose. Anyway, I would recommend replacing the hoses throughout your PS system, then refill the PS system in accordance with the TM (i.e. jack up the front wheels and do lots of side to side turning as instructed).

Hope this helps.

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DITTO if all this is ok it may be the pump, if the seals in it are getting weak it will lose pressure some times causing loss of steering.
This also will make a squeak sound like when you over steer a car. When you turn wheel as Iron says,you turn it all the way to the stops.