• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

power steering hydraulic oil change

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
According the manual, I should just "drain the hydraulic oil from the reservoir and replace it".

Any recommendations on some extra cleaning to get debris or water out? Loosening any hoses on the steering house hydraulic sectiopn to make sure all oil is really out? Any filters or tight spots I should take extra care off?

:deadhorse::deadhorse: "loosen the drain bolt and drain the oil". Thanks very much TM. We spend TWO HOURS on trying to get the @#$#%$^%%$$# square plug out of the round hole. Impossible to get any grip on that bolt (unfortunately, the truck was delivered without the proper tool to loosen that bolt).

EDIT: we could not get any wrenches on it properly and when we managed could not get enough turn on the thing or put enough power on it to get the bolt to turn: too much lines and other stuff in the way. In the end, we made a small window in the side panel, that helped just enough to loosen it and get the first 1/4 turn. After that, it was a easy turning and time to clean up the hydraulic oil mess that spilled everywhere (especially on my cloths).

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks