• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PRC 25 repair reccommendations

AMGeneral

Hello folks,

I have a PRC 25 manpack radio that used to work(recive/transmit) properly,but on the way to Aberdeen last year it just stopped,it powers up as it should,but it doesn't transmit or recieve any more. I use it in both modes,manpack and in a AM-2060 power supply/amplifier in my Deuce.

i suspect it has shorted out something inside as it had the incorrect battery in it(lithium Ion vs the magnesium).

Can anyone reccommend a repair shop to send it to close to NC?

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM popacom and see if he knows of someone. I know he dabbles in the radio gear a bit.

Irv

I would try black magic and jiu jiu beans, first. If that doesn't work, smack it right smartly. It should straighten up and fly right.

Irv (been there; done that)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the correct PRM-34 test set for that radio, plus a lot of other test gear that can be used to figure out what's wrong with it. PM me and I can fix it for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks