• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PRC77 carrier squelch conversion question

Lenny

I just joined the group and I have a question I'd like to ask. I posted this question at the end of another thread earlier today and I realized that I probably should not have done it that way. I'm still getting used to this site so I apologize for my mistake.

I have a couple of PRC77's, and I would like to convert them to carrier or "noise" squelch. I have the TM and a separate schematic for the "noise" squelch module, which is apparently for a Canadian version of the A24. This schematic version I have is for an A24C which I'm told is the direct replacement for the A24 in the PRC25 or the A54 in the PRC 77. Is this correct? I'm told that the A54 is what I apparently have in my radios now. If I can find two of these A24C's (or if I have to build them) will this work? Thanks, Lenny

sjsesa3205

Lenny like you I am a new member here and I share the same situation as you do with my pair of PRC-77 radios in that I would like to add an adjustable noise squelch. I have even been unable to locate a circuit to build externally to the radio. I have found some Korean companies that do sell replacement modules maybe we can purchase a replacement module and make the modifications I have found on the internet? I hope we can share information together and with the rest of this group. If we are allowed to give out our email address let me know? Regards from Steve in Bangkok, Thailand

papakb

The A24Cs were built about 40 years ago now and were never available in large quantities. I probably still have 1 or 2 around but they're spares for my radios. When I was working in Chachoengsao we would routinely visit the Ban Mo market in Bangkok for parts and I'm sure there are some people there that could repro some circuit boards for you.

Kurt

KG6KMJ

Wile E. Coyote

I'm also pretty sure they only work on the PRC-25s and won't on the 77s. I have one here I remember trying on a 77 and not having any luck, but it's an experiment I should repeat at some point in the near future.