• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

prc77

deuceman51

I just bought my first prc77 radio and was wondering if any of you guys have a good source for parts and accessories. Mine is demilled by removing components, here is the web site on ebay with pics. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ME:B:EOIBSA:MT:11&viewitem=&item=180056739912. I know of pvt jarheads, but does anybody know what is missing in my unit and where I can get a good deal on the missing parts, batteries, mike, and antenna? Thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're going to have to do a search to find info but Steve Haney in TX and Buzz in Reno both do lots of work on these radios. I think Steve probably has all the modules in stock. He should also have the AM2060 amp and MT1029 mount if you want to vehicle mount the radio. Opcom is a green radio guy and probably has contacts for both Steve and Buzz.

CGarbee

I have some of the interior modules from parted out PRC25 and PRC77 radios... If you know what you are missing specifically, shoot me a PM or post here and I'll dig around and check for you...
Good luck.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NOTE: PRC-77 manuals are hard to come by. That is the serious repair manual with schematics and explanations. It's what you need to fix the rig other than by swapping modules.

If you are so inclined as to do component level repairs, you can get a PRC-77 repair manual from Robert Downs, http://www.wa5cab.com I bought one and am very highly pleased.

Shieldwolf37

I have two. Also a PRC25 and have had good luck with fair radio in the past.
I use one in My 51, M37 tapped off the battery with an adapter from PRC68.com that I picked up at Gilbert a few years ago.
Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks