• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Precision Fuel Pump

The Baron

I have a 1984 M1009. My mechanical fuel pump went bad this morning. Unfortunate the only pumps Orielly's had in stock were Precision, which I would not have bought normally. However I need my truck to get to work tomorrow morning. I pulled the old one and bolted in the new precision pump. When I went to reattach the hoses I realized the fuel inlet hose (the metal line) didn't line up with the new pump. I looked at the instruction in the box and it said that you could rotate the top by loosening the screws on the body of the pump. I cannot find any screws on this thing, to me it looks like the top is simply crimped on. Does anyone know how to adjust these things? I really need to get this thing running by morning. Please do not make any comments about switching over to an electric pump, I am perfectly content with the mechanical pump. Thanks Guys

cucvrus

I hope all went well for you on this fuel pump replacement. I have never heard of adjusting the pump base either. I just get one from Autozone and it goes right on. Not sure but I wanted to wish you luck. Sorry I can't help I keep 2 pumps in my shop. Good Luck.

dependable

All the one I have seen are not adjustable. If it is way off, it might be the wrong pump. Otherwise, sometimes it helps to thread the steel line on before you bolt down the pump.

cucvrus

That is very true about starting the steel line. Sometimes you may even need to remove the bolt on the clip that holds the line onto the block. Put it back again. I serves a needed purpose. It sounds like it is really out out clock with the female hookup.

The Baron

It was a little too far off to successfully bolt it on while attached. It took a little prying and bending with a screw driver, but I was able to get the pump to fit. Too bad they can't make these after market parts identical to the real thing