• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preferred Engine RPM for operating aux hydraulics

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
What RPM would you want to run your deuce at for powering hydraulics? I don’t have my hydraulic pump yet so I want to pick one that hits the specs I need at the speed that is best for my “D” multifuel. Keep in mind I can use the transmission to change the speed of the t-case pto relative to that of the motor.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I keep it at 1,200-1,500 rpm and gear in 3rd....
As you may or may not know, there is a speed control attachment for the IP when using the transfer pto to keep the rpm constant regardless of loading. The M49 tanker came with it and it's covered in the -20 TM.

Edit: Added image.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks