• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prelube on all deuces and what to look for?

wsucougarx

I did an inspection of several deuces yesterday. We were not allowed to start the trucks up but I did do a check on the prelubers. I have a question, do all M35A2's have prelubers? Is the oil pressure suppose to increase when you turn the switch (sorry I am new to this) and the buzzer comes on? I noticed a couple trucks had the increase in oil pressure and others did not. Is the preluber dependant on the battery condition? The trucks that I checked said that they do not need a jump and the volts looked good. If the oil pressure did not go up during the "prelube" what needs to be done to remedy this or can this just be left alone and not have prelube?

Thanks

scooter01922

Not to be rude, but unless you have been reading about another model MV you are confused. No prelube system exists on a deuce, its part of the design shortfall. You just lack oil press untill the engine has run for 15-25 seconds. People on here have added prelube systems to give thier engine a hand in this dept. but i'm sure the army hasn't.
Good luck in your search for a truck. :D

Oh one more thing, if your seeing pressure with the engine off then the gage is wrong, its just not gonna happen on a stock deuce.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
The deuce does not have a prelube system (unless somebody added an aftermarket one). The oil pressure needle may move a bit when power is applied, but pressure won't come up until the engine is turning. From a cold start, it might take 10 seconds or more for the oil pressure to rise after the engine is started.

Turning on the master switch on the dash energizes the in-tank fuel supply pump, but it doesn't do anything that will affect the oil or air pressures.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
The deuce does not have a prelube system (unless somebody added an aftermarket one). The oil pressure needle may move a bit when power is applied, but pressure won't come up until the engine is turning. From a cold start, it might take 10 seconds or more for the oil pressure to rise after the engine is started.

Turning on the master switch on the dash energizes the in-tank fuel supply pump, but it doesn't do anything that will affect the oil or air pressures.