• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pretty Sure this is a SCAM

paradeduty

paradeduty

Hey Guys - Looks like "OODLE" is already on top of this one.

They pulled the ad after I created this thread.

I was pretty upset to see this so I had notified them before I I posted the thread.

Just so you don't think I have been smoking something, I copied it before it was lost:

Vehicles | Real Estate | For Rent | Jobs | Pets | Items for Sale | Tickets | More ▼

in Best Match ▼

Register/Sign In | My Stuff

Home
Vehicles
Heavy Equipment Vehicles - 1984 Oshkosh HEMTT M977 8x8 Military truck 10 ton HEMMT | Miami Heavy Equipments for sale | 1984 Heavy Equipments for sale

View my other ads (4)

leroy

1984 Oshkosh HEMTT M977 8x8 Military truck 10 ton HEMMT

Posted on Oodle - 5 days ago

Price: $20,000 Summary: Used 1984 Location: Miami, FL For sale by: For Sale by Dealer Features & Description

1984 Oshkosh HEMTT M977 8x8 Military truck 10 ton HEMMT
Vehicle Description

1984 Oshkosh M977 HEMTT Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck

18,000 original miles

I have put a lot of work and detail into restoring this truck back to new condition, and have tried to mention lots of little details in this write-up.

The engine is a military spec Detroit Diesel 8V92TA turbocharged/supercharged 2-stroke 12 liter V8 producing approx. 450 horsepower and 1400 ft/lbs. It is very easy to adjust this engine to produce more power, however. The transmission was calibrated to handle additional power outputs if desired. It starts within half a second of cranking whether hot or cold, or even sitting for months. It runs very smoothly, and accelerates VERY well. Driving it is much more like driving a pickup truck then a 20 ton monster. It merges onto the freeway very easily, and is up to 65 by the end of the onramps. It shifts very crisply and exactly where you want it to. The transmission is brand new and is still under warranty. I replaced all the thermostats, hoses, and belts on the engine when I replaced the radiator. All the connecting water pipes have been sandblasted and powdercoated inside and out to control rust. The cooling system was filled with Caterpillar Extended-Life coolant (very expensive and long-lasting). I have always run the engine on the correct Delo 100 40w oil as Detroit suggests. It has no leaks.
It has a brand new Allison 5-speed automatic transmission that has been upgraded to higher capacity should the next owner want to increase the engine otput. I had a brand new radiator made for it. I travelled to Colorado to locate a clean cargo bed for it, and had the entire truck sandblasted before repainting with fresh military 3-color camo. The axles, frame, crane, cargo bed and cab have all been sandblasted down to bare metal and etched with anti-rust phoshate solution before priming and painting. The cab has additionally been powdercoated with two coats inside and out.

It features an M66 current issue rotating gun ring-mount with hemtt specific mounting structure, and a sliding roof hatch over the passenger seat.

Two new Optima Yellowtop Group 31 commercial truck batteries

The truck has been equipped with Raytheon/Bendix DVE (Driver Vision Enhancement) system - this is a FLIR forward-looking-infrared thermal night vision system. The camera is mounted in the armored housing on the front skidplate on the driver's side, and there are two 7" Color LCD monitors inside the cab. One is over the driver's visor and folds down into view when needed, and the other is on the passenger side dash.

It is also equipped ENTIRELY with LED exterior lighting INCLUDING the latest military version LED high-output low current-draw headlights. These are VERY new, and the military has only just now started retrofitting their trucks with these. They are very white and bright, and last something like 50,000 hours. All other stop lights, front turn signals, clearance lights, and interior indicator lights are also LED.

It has the current-style electronic push-button light control switch, and is equipped with a FlightCom cab intercom mounted (but not hooked up) for driver-passenger headset communication. It is not really needed, as the cab is really quiet while driving, and it's easy to hear each other or hold a conversation while driving down the freeway.

It has a GO-Light remote controlled spotlight on the roof, and an electronic joystick control in the cab mounted next to the shifter, AND also has a small remote control for operating outside the cab.
MHC-977 telescoping-boom crane on the back of the truck will telescope out 18' and has a max capacity of 5,000 lbs. retracted, 2500 lbs. fully extended. It can reach to the front of the cargo bed, and fully extended straight up reached almost 30' vertically. It has 75' of brand new galvanized wire rope. It also has a REMOTE CONTROL and 30' control cable that allows you to operate the crane from any position around the truck. Several hoses are new, and all the hydraulic holding valves are brand new.

All filters and fluids have been changed including crane high and low pressure hydraulic filters, and the engine oil filter has been converted to a spin-on sealed filter instead of the old-style messy cartridge filter.

I replaced all the original Michelin XL tires and tube-type locking-ring wheels with new Michelin XZL 16-20 tires and tubeless bolt-together beadlock wheels. The tires are in excellent condition with very low miles, and the spare is brand new with the sticker and rubber nubs still on it. The XZL is a newer tread pattern, and is slightly wider then the older style XL tread. All the wheels are freshly painted and have new valve stems installed. There is one additional un-mounted Michelin XZL tire in good condition included as an additional spare should you ever need it.

New U-Joints on the primary driveshaft from transmission to transfer-case. New front shocks, new rear air-brake canisters, and the brakes are new all around.

The cab has new Air-ride seats with inflatable lumbar for the driver, and retracting 4-point seat-belts. All the dataplates and interior sound insulation is brand new (all original dataplates are also included). The gauges, controls, shifter, etc. are also all brand new.

The window glass is also all new, and the front windshields and rear cab windows are slightly tinted to help control the heat from the sun inside. The heater works well and has two speeds. The exterior door latches have been modified to feature cylindrical locks, so the doors can be locked, and the ignition uses a key switch, unlike originally which had no way to secure the truck.

It also includes two sets of tire chocks, and a magnetic 24v worklight with wire cage around the bulb and a NATO plug. Also a 24v RoboTool that also plugs into the truck for removing lugnuts if you have to change a tire. Airhoses for running air-tools or airing up tires from the truck's air-supply also included.

I had a 2" receiver hitch welded onto the rear of the truck under the original pintle-hitch in case I wanted to use my regular pick-up style slide-in ball-type tow hitch. (see pics)

Includes-

Original 2-part operator's manual in green military binders for glovebox (extra sets in regular binders with manuals)

Crane remote control unit with 30' cable

magnetic spotlight/worklight that plugs into NATO slave plug on truck

RoboTool electric impact driver to remove lugnuts that plugs into NATO slave plug on truck

airhose to plug into truck's 2 air fittings for running airtools or adjusting tire pressure

New in box 110 volt engine block heater kit (not installed)

Many extra dataplates and original decals not installed (all factory new and unused)

Extra 20" new o-rings and valve stems for wheels

Complete set of all military Technical manuals (10+ binders totalling over 10,000 pages and 200 lbs. of maintenance, repair, parts illlustrations, troubleshooting, etc)

Complete set of same manuals on CD-ROM PDF files

8' long printed color laminated electrical schematic

Additional unmounted Michelin XZL 16-20 tire (same as on truck) in good condition

military high-pressure large tire gauge

4 military beadlock wheel inserts

complete set of bed side-panels (desert tan color, slightly bent. Could be straightened out and used easily)

Original factory boarding/service ladder that stows in bracket under bedside

Solargizer 24volt solar battery charger that hardwires into truck (the military uses these in the middle east)

Spare parts include-

front grill
bridge plate
several extra LED military style clearance lights/brackets
3 doors
spare windshield
extra set of door and rear cab glass
heater core and heater blower fan
many interior panels
extra filters for transmission and fuel filter
door handles (interior and exterior)
2 rubber tubs full of miscellaneous interior parts including steering wheel, pedals, air controls, shifter, electrical controls, and many many more)
1 rubber tub full of electrical items including complete additional set of gauges, switches, circuit breakers, etc.
extra set of side mirrors with mounting brackets

spare alternator

spare electronic push button light switches (2)
spare battery tray/box (steel box that bolts onto side of truck frame)
spare antenna base
spare set of mudflaps
arctic kit grill door (uninstalled)
wipers/arms
radiator cap
weatherstripping

This ad has been viewed 22 times.

Related Listings

© Copyright 2009 Oodle, Inc. All rights reserved.

PROTECT YOURSELF FROM SCAMS
Avoid fraud by only buying goods you can pay for and pick up in person.
Beware of any deal involving Western Union, cashier check or money order, especially if the seller is outside of your country. If this ad seems suspicious please contact us. For more information, check our FAQ.

Contact Seller (1984 Oshkosh HEMTT M977 8x8 Military truck 10 ton HEMMT)

* Your email:

* Subject:

* Verification
(prove you're human!)

Report Listing as
  • Spam if the listing has been posted multiple times or if the listing does not contain classifieds content.
  • Fraud if the listing has clear intent to scam the user.
  • Inappropriate/Illegal if the listing contains inappropriate or illegal content or violates the Terms of use.
  • Miscategorized if the listing appears in the wrong category or contains misinformation of any kind.
  • Unavailable if the listing has expired or cannot be found.
For more information about reporting listings see our Report Listings Help Page.

Report Listing (1984 Oshkosh HEMTT M977 8x8 Military truck 10 ton HEMMT)

* Report as Please select... Miscategorized Fraud Illegal, Inappropriate, or Discriminatory Content Spam Unavailable

Comments Please check out this listing. I am 99% sure that this is an aquaintance's truck that sold on e-bay maybe a week ago. Trust me: it is the same rare optional equipment (led headlights, thermal imaging, etc). I saw this truck during the restoration in Washington State. The truck sold for over 60,000. Again, trust me - I would buy it in a heartbeat for 20,000 - if it was for real. The restoration (over a number of years) and the recent sale can be searched for on SteelSoldiers.com (military vehicle collectors web site). Please take action on this before someone gets taken.

Email

Thank you for reporting this listing. It will be reviewed by the Oodle team.

*Required Fields

• Cars & Vehicles
  • Real Estate
  • Property For Rent
  • Jobs
  • Pets
  • Items for Sale
  • Tickets
  • Personals
  • Services
  • Best Match
  • All Categories

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks