• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preview at Fort Campbell, TN

Cubman

Has anyone looked at the items on Gov Liquidation at Fort Campbell, TN? I would like to bid on something there, but cannot make it up there to inspect them.

Last edited by a moderator:

KsM715

Please dont take this the wrong way.

Steelsoldiers forum rules:
Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
Do NOT post about future or current GL/GSA auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to auction photos. GL/GSA links quit working after a short period of time so save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• No collusion as specified above.

The way to do it is to ask if anyone going to or near Ft Campbell can send you a PM. Then you can ask them in private to do a preview for you. By asking in the open you bring alot more attention to the items you want to bid on and that just means more competion for you.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Cubman, it is against the rules the post information about upcoming auctions. The general premise behind the rule is that people who are planning to bid do not want additional advertisement for those items, thus increasing the competition.

There are also some issues with collusion as well. The govt. has sued several surplus outfits for trying to keep bids low and we are not going to tread anywhere near that. Remember, what you think is totally acceptable, a lawyer may see opportunity in.

This isn't the thread to re-argue this policy for the eleven millionth time, I am simply cluing Cubman in since he is new and I do not want to be rude to him and edit his post without some explanation (even though all this was in the rules when he signed up).

Cubamn, I have re-worded your title and post so that it is in-line with the current policies.

Thanks!

C

KsM715

How more obvious is " Do NOT post........"

Most new members break this rule because they do not read the rules when they sign up.
I do think that under that particular rule there needs to be a "for example" type of statement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks