• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preview/inspection needed at Barstow,CA

Hi all...new member here and about to pull the trigger on buying an M900 series truck from a GL auction.

I am in WV and plan to bid on a truck in Barstow and have it shipped here if I win.

Is there anyone that can preview this truck for me nearby?

armytruck63

You are on the other side of the country from the truck. Do you realize what it will cost you to have the truck shipped from California to West Virginia? I would recommend searching closer to home for your purchase.

I am relatively close to Barstow, but my work schedule won't allow me time to run up there. Happy hunting!

MtnSnow

I agree you would be better off finding one east of the Mississippi Unless you can find a trucker that is "deadheading/running empty" that you can piggy back on you will need to plan on around 2 to 3 bucks a mile for shipping a M939 series truck (wrecker will be slightly more due to increased weight)

I know and I agree with you guys. It's frustrating waiting on the right truck to come up for auction and unfortunately the exact truck I have been wanting is coming up for auction there and I have yet to see one come up on a GL auction since I started watching during the spring.

I am afraid what the bid may go up to, but I am expecting it to go high.

The shipping quotes have been in the $3500-3800 range.

I can probably get it shipped for a little over $3k on Uship...with someone deadheading back East.

I was hoping to have someone inspect it in person even though the video shows a great truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks