• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price on your SF-97?

Milbikes

The SF-97 I got with my truck is from DRMS to Government Liquidators. The selling price is $78.15. What's up with that? I also have the registration and bill of sale from the former owner to me, so the SF-97 is just a memento now. The price makes me wonder though! The truck runs and drives and is pretty solid. GL only paid $78 bucks for it???

drdstny

Banned
Sounds right. The SF-97 for my M1074 is $0. The thing is, those prices aren't necessarily what they paid, it's kinda like a combination of their portion of whatever bid they won divided by the quantity in that lot. So, in my case at least, the "residue" they price out has no acquisition cost, so its portion of whatever-bid-they-won is zero dollars, because they simply can't quantify it without NSN or NIIN.

The other SF-97s I have are fairly close to what I paid for them, except the A1, which is $888,888. Obviously, that's not what I or they paid for it. That was the real clue that the prices aren't terribly honest.

My friend Jerry has gotten a lot of stuff out of Barstow and when I mentioned this, he showed me a couple of the loose '97s he had at hand, and the prices were to-the-dollar what he paid for them. Point being: I don't think they're terribly accurate.

Certainly not for tax deduction purposes. :)

drdstny

Banned
It is. From what I have heard, you don't get an SF-97 if the vehicle you bought is in a state where GL / DRMO / etc has an office, they give you a title directly.

I might be wrong on that, but my backup data is that I've never won something in CA, FL, AZ or NV.

Hey, here's an idea: why don't we start a poll where people can say what they bought, what year it was, what state/depot it was in and whether they got a title or an SF-97. You can say if you got a '97, a title, both, neither, and whether or not you live in the state where the vehicle was.

We can turn that into a cheat-sheet quickly enough.

I'll go first:

SF-97 only 2001 UT nonresident truck
SF-97 1427 2001 OK nonresident trailer
SF-97 1427 2004 DK nonresident truck
SF-97 only 2000 OR nonresident parts
SF-97 only 2009 PA nonresident truck

Everything else has had either a 1427 only or a common receipt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks