• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

primer handle in cab leaking/weeping

seano11

Hey the primer handle in my cab is weeping but it seems to be getting worse is this a common problem? How does one go about correcting this ?.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replace the 2 o rings.

Truckoholic

Yep, very simple fix. Mine was actually running diesel fuel down my right leg. Ha ha Just take the handle out, and replace the o rings on it and put it back in, and good as new. I just took mine into my local auto parts store and they were able to match the o rings. Was very nice to not have fuel leaking out in the cab anymore. This was on my M813A1.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Un thread the hex shaped thing behind the T handle with a wrench. Then pull the T handle out until the pump shaft is in your hand, and not in the dash.

M813A1

Back-off the B nut holding the pump handle into the pump base. Place a little bit of grease on the O rings Replace the O rings, repeat process in reverse install pump handle and tighten the B Nut !! WA LA good as new !!! Primer pump works

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Release the pump handle first so it floats free the hold the jam nut the holdes it to the dash and unscrew the outer nut till it's clear. Remove the pump handle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks