• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem with M-1101 surge brakes

jason@snakeriver

Took our new M-1101 HMMWV trailer on a 4 hour trip.
It went down just fine, but after we had loaded some seed and traveled home, I could tell when we got to a intersection that the surge brakes did engage.
Problem is, I can't say they fully released as when I got home the brakes and the hubs were really hot.
What should I check ? ?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Make sure the break a way lever is all the way back, I had one that was just a tiny bit up and after an hour or so of interstate driving locked the brakes up tight and smoked a set of pads. It was such a small amount couldn't tell it was engaged, I was in the process of removing the "banjo" fitting from the back of the master cylinder to release fluid pressure when I bumped the lever and you could hear brake fluid squirt back into the MC. Worked great ever since but did have to replace the shoes.

hummer4x4guy

Just had a run in with this issue today. I ended up just opening up the bleed screw and released whatever fluid wanted to come out. Been ok the rest of the drive home.

glassk

Just a thought, a down angle from the trailer to tow vehicle gave me some drag while pulling my M1102 , regular Silverado, 18 inch hitch to the 25 inch of the trailer ring,...