• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem with the transmission after changing the regulator?

ZekeAnderson

Hi,

I had an issue with the power draining on the 12v alternator tap and decided to change it to a brand new one I buyed on ebay. I disconected the batteries and did the swap. When I fired up the truck it made the alternator smoke so I turned off the truck immediately. I did some measuring and found out the 12v tap was charging with 24v for some kind of weird reason. After that I changed back to the old alternator and just unplugges the batteries when I park the hmmwv, i know it is not a optimal..

After this I did get two fault codes on the hmmwvs transmission DTC 86 and DTC 87 when parked, after a test run I also get DTC68 Transmission Components slipping. I have tried to reset the fault codes and tried to change filter and fluid in the transmission

I am worried that the alternator change made have damaged the TCM or other components working with the transmission that use 12v

Any tips or ideas?