• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem with turn signals !

jason@snakeriver

Still not too sharp on the 800 electrics :? Just brought in an M-819 wrecker, all the lights work except the turn signals. The little green light on the control will come on but not blink, and the L & R turn lights fore and aft will not come on.
Any suggestions? ? , may be the flasher. Tom

jwaller

probably the flasher box is dead. but you always need to check the groounds too. when you select the L or R position do the turn signal bulbs come on outside the truck but just dont flash? make sure the ground on the flasher box is clean and goes to metal and not just paint. if oyu need a flasher box I think I've got a new one for about $40 shipped.

If the indicator light comes on, and the outside lights do not it,s prob the flasher. like jwaller said check your grounds first. $40.00 shipped seems like a good deal for a flasher. just in case you dont know where to look, the flasher is located just to the left of the rectangular control box on the fire wall. above where the steering shaft comes thru.

ENCS_DEI

Had the exact same problem on M35A2. It was the flasher. The unit was not sealed properly when manufactured and shorted after pressure washing engine compartment. Had to cut mine apart, clean out and tape back together until I get a new one.