• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Progress report (almost there)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looking good Jed, guess you will be ready to convoy down to Aberdeen with Mike and his Deuce, hunh?

Great looking engine!

:beer:

RDD!
Long time coming and good to see your getting real close to enjoying the "whistle while you drive". Do I notice freshly painted frame rails in the first picture?
That new motor of yours looks...........NEW! Is it a fresh rebuild or NIB? Been awhile since you mentioned getting it and I'm too lazy to try and find the thread.

Congrats Jed now :grd:

red devils dude

Gary
the frame rails have fresh CARC as does the engine, light guards, frame extensions, drive shaft's, air filter housing and battery box.
The engine was a take out, it was spicergear's pre Cat engine(it's a 1989 herc LDT-465-1D) it only has like 400miles on it

red devils dude

By the way gary that harbor freight paint guy you said to try work's very nicely it's almost as good as the $700 SATA I use at work.
and yes the reason it took so long is I make every thing as close to perfect as I can get it but peple pay me good money because of it.

JDToumanian

Nice work!

Did you ever find the little piece that was missing from the side of your air compressor? I looked in all the TMs I have but none showed the single cylinder compressor...

Jon

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Jed, now that the front end looks so good, you need to pull the cab off and paint everything underneath it.

red devils dude

nope never found that part I'm going to just screw in a 1/4" copper tube and run it to the firewall.
clinto next year(if I'm home) I'm going to paint as much of the truck as I can but I'm not pulling the cab until I do the frame off
in a few years when I have a real shop.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Very nice!
How did you plumb the either shot? I was thinking of adding one and since it is not stock have been mulling over the details Thanks for the update post.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks