• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Propane Injection Install NA NHC250

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Started installing it today on my 250. I know people say you don't get much help from it on a non turbo engine but I am anticipating modest gains. I have a modified fuel pump that is around 30% over stock, dual fuel line system, and an 8" ram air intake. I also have air flow thru the stock filter system that has been cut and modified along with the smaller wix filter. with both filters I have around 1800cfm of airflow. With the ram air intake (modified hole thru the old blackout light). I am going to play with the settings on it to see what I like. Keep in mine I do not run my truck empty for very much at all. I weigh around 26000lbs empty and I tend to tow heavy over long distances. I know I will get a good help on pulling up hills loaded keeping my rpms around 2000. I picked the whole kit up for about $375 and a 100lb tank for $115.

It does have an indicator light to tell me when the propane is being injected and it runs off a negative pressure and I can set it to where it needs to be on the sweet spot. I did not do a very good install. I am not quite done yet with it. I am going to try it out on my next road trip here soon. If I don't like its usage I will swap it onto my 6.4L Powerstroke.

If you have one of the intake bodies that recirculates the oil breather back into the intake it is just right for the tube. and the pressure switch went right into the air filter usage indicator. I am going to mount the regulator just beside that with a bracket onto the piece of metal that aligns the hood coming down. It did come with 16ft of hose as well.

I do have access to a dyno here in town. I have been wanting to run mine on there with just the other mods I have but I can see what both will do. I will not use this at WOT. Anyone who has ever driven my truck knows that at 75% throttle you have all she will take. She also tends to blow fuel out of the exhaust and spot up trucks I am towing. So I have the fuel there it just needs to be burned better. I will finish it tomorrow. I tried to bring back a few other propane injection threads but they were all closed and archived.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have plenty of oxygen. At highway speeds I have 60mph of air that is 8 inches wide going into a 900cfm filter. I need something to help burn all the fuel in the cylinder to increase the power. with my current setup I have EGTS around 725 at 80percent throttle. Little propane on long hard pulls. (Towbaring a 5 ton thru the smokey mountains) will help keep the rpms up and out of the hole that the allisons and 5 speeds have.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I already have water/methanol injection on my truck. so she can take on fuel like a pig and I can cool her down. No, you can not see my meth injection setup. Not unless you come to the GA rally.

Shark Bait

I have plenty of oxygen. At highway speeds I have 60mph of air that is 8 inches wide going into a 900cfm filter. I need something to help burn all the fuel in the cylinder to increase the power. with my current setup I have EGTS around 725 at 80percent throttle. Little propane on long hard pulls. (Towbaring a 5 ton thru the smokey mountains) will help keep the rpms up and out of the hole that the allisons and 5 speeds have.
I believe he meant the % of oxygen can be increased with the Nitrous. You may be able to get more air in with your 8 inch kit, however, it is still only about 21% oxygen. The nitrous has an increased amount that would give you better burn possibly.

Dave

Jermyjudge

I believe he meant the % of oxygen can be increased with the Nitrous. You may be able to get more air in with your 8 inch kit, however, it is still only about 21% oxygen. The nitrous has an increased amount that would give you better burn possibly.

Dave
Yes, that's what I meant. You have lots of air but not a large concentration of oxygen. Also the nitrogen part will bring down temperatures some from its cooling effects. Don't go crazy or it will get hard on head gaskets. Nitrous is like a bottled turbo except has less finesse.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Wes, I hate to bring back a thread this old, but I'm not seeing anything else on this... Not on here and not on your YT channel either. Did you go a different route? How did the propane work out for you?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks