• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

proper placement for rear reflective tape

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is the correct location for the reflective tape "L"s that are put on the back end of deuces? I have seen some up on the bed corners, and down on the mudflaps. I have even seen one with reflective "stripes" on the rear bumperettes and nowhere else.

Also, where is the correct location for the delineation plates on the deuce? I believe those were on the mudflaps, but not sure.

Jones

The reflective tape "L"s on my deuce bed are in the lower outside corners of the tailgate.
The large delineation plates are usually applied to mud flaps or the lower outside corners of larger bodied vehicles like semi trailers. The smaller delineation plates are used on locations where there's less room like the lower outside corners of an M880 tailgate, or the lower back corners of a HMMWV. The plates are displayed with the red 'corner' up and inward.

Attachments

BillIdaho

Alex at Idaho Motor Pool had gotten a ga-zillion dueces and 5-tons from various military bases/sources. It seems that hardly any two are the same. Most are the outside bottom of the tailgate and some are on the mudflaps, but like I said they are somewhat creative when placing those reflective tapes.
BTW, I still have a few rolls of the silver relective tape left for sale.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "L"s that go on the tailgate, how long are the legs of the "L" supposed to be? Is there a military standard on it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks