• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

prospect 1009

radar 12

hey guys , I need some advice. this is a prospective 1009 I am looking at and I need your opinion on buy or pass. Details --

Under 65 K miles
charging issues - drains batteries
glowplug issues - needs ether to start
bald tires -the wrong size anyway
tennessee truck

I can fix the charging and starting issues with no problem. the main issue is the rust. I can fix it as well but is it so far gone to not be worth the headache. there will be 4 1009 up for sale at werner robbins soon but if they go as high as the last one at redstone - I am out of luck. any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

K45

Is this the one that is owned by a guy in knoxville TN? If so I have been trying to get ahold of him. It looks like it is worth the price.

BobM

The rust doesn't look that bad to me. You don't say what he wants, so it is hard to make a judgement there. And there is the fact that you will probably get this one a LOT sooner than getting one thru GL!:wink:

dunedigger

The rust doesn't look that bad to me either, you should see mine, lol. We save some real bad stuff up here though. Good ole salt.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Ditto on the rust. Mine had a lot worse than that. Send the generators to rebuild and buy new batteries. That should fix the battery issue. Get a good paint job done to it (which is th emost expensive thing I've done for my truck). Glowplug is a 60-70 dollar issue. Bald tires...get new ones which will also pinch the wallet. It all depends on how much it costs. Just based on the photos I might go $800 but additional photos may increase or decrease that value and I already own one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks