• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Protective Control Box Connector Issue

Mowsnow

Hey all. Long time lurker first time poster. You have all been a huge help to me and my Humvee. I’ve been pretty trouble free until now.

So I’ve been working out the typical flow plug issues with these older units. I’ve got an 86 1038 with the 6.2 paired with the 3 speed. It’s not a government plant truck, it got out some how in the early 2000’s. Ex marine with all the deep ford equipment. It sat for a very long time before I acquired it and have been slowly bring it up to standard.

Current issue at hand is the engine side pcb connector decided to break off the threads of the old box while I was switching out to a different new box. The threads of the old box are stuck into the connector. I tried searching for this problem but I haven’t been able to find anyone with a similar issue. Looks like it was very corroded, I think it spent most its life on the east coast on an airfield

So are my options:

Dremel off the locking ring to salvage the plug? Then I would have no way to screw the connector tight into the new box.

I’d prefer to replace the whole plug body? The contacts are all fine it looks like. Can I unscrew the two screws and pull the whole rubber connector out and put it into a connector body?

would this be the correct replacement part if I wanted to switch out the connector body?

Any suggestions would be so helpful. Thank you!!

here’s some pics as well.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks