• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prototype PLS??? What say yea?

sandcobra164

After seeing the experimental Hemmt that Ron had sitting around, I think you may be on to something. That truck was a cab over as well. Either way, the truck you photo'd looks to have a functional lift and flatrack system and that's what the PLS is all about. This truck just seems to be missing 2 axles and an octagonal shaped cab, maybe a detroit and it'll be there. Well, the newer ones are Cat powered. Thanks for the photos, looks neat.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Looks like a civi build on a old SCANIA (not spelled right) mil.truck, the winches on the side, ect, makes me think this, I tkink it is more of a roll back then a PLS setup.
The lift on the front of the bed is just that a bed lift, you see this on dumps a lot, there is NO HOOK to grab the PLS rack.

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PLS or 'DROPS'?

"Scania" is correct

Hubs looks like a Foden, but mutch modified across the front and the windscreen is not a two piece and doors are a little different though.

Rear lights look British! But winch is US!!!???

Can't see where the steering wheel is but that is no giveaway if on the left, only if it's on the right does that guarantee anything (UK, Australia, Japan etc).

Yes, there is a hook, pics 2 & 6 at the top of the inside uprights.

Pic 2 and 3 are more modern Scanias and these hubs look similar too.... Hmmm

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thank you, guess that answers that question, and means a great find

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks