• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proud new deuce owner

Banshee365

Put the deposit down on the '68 M35A2 yesterday and will pick it up and finish paying it off in a few days. It has a winch, spring ride drivers seat, soft top, air shift TC, and cargo cover (missing 2 bows). The only rust is on the bottom of the window frames and it's rusted through a little by the door on the passangers side. The bed is in great shape, tailgate is straight and there's no dents or anything to speak of. The exhaust is rusted out but I'm changing that with the turbo conversion.

Where can I get a NOS clean air kit with the exhaust or maybe a stainless system from Saturn. I just want to try and keep the cost down. If I can find a NOS clean air kit I'll just put a can over the exhaust when it's not running. Planning on changing the oil during the turbo conversion before I drive it home then go through the axles oil, grease fittings, brakes, etc... when I get it home. The biggest thing I need now is exhaust. The only piece of the exhaust I have is the flex pipe. Should I just cut a hole in the fender panel or just find a turbo model panel? Thanks again guys and I'll get some pictures up when I get it home.

-Kelly

Deuceswild

Kelly,

I did the turocharger conversion to mine and I'm very pleased with the results. The non turbo trucks use 2 1/2" ext. pipe and the turbo trucks use 3 1/2" tube so the pass through hole for the stack will have to be opened up, I used a jig saw followed by some metal files and it worked great.
Good luck and looking forward to seeing it :)
Jeff.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you're doing the conversion, might I suggest bringing a drill and tap and tap the manifold for a pyro. You can always put a pipe plug in it until such time as you add a pyro. Junkyard Wars Crusher had a line on some clean air kits, might try to PM him.

Banshee365

Thanks Ken, I PM'ed him yesterday and am waiting to see what he can still get ahold of. I've called the major parts distributer's and they have been out of them for a long time. What should one cost? I think what I'm going to do is leave the truck N/A at my house for a while until I get all the parts I need minus the pyro and possibly boost gauge. I am getting 2 new windsheids with frames and brackets for $125 per side. I still need all the exhaust parts except the flex pipe. I want to change the oil asap and will probably wait til I get the truck to my house to put the turbo on. I'm kind of dreading trying to break this bolts lose on the manifold but I'll soak it for a few days in penitrant. When I get the truck home I'll take a bunch of pics, glad I finally bit the bullet and got a truck, and a good solid, straight truck at that.

-Kelly

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks