• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO Question

Josh

Okay so I bought this PTO sunday, and it came off an old gasser M35. Someone said it looked like it wouldnt work for my MF truck. Im pretty sure the drive line will have to be replaced, or some bellhousing griding will be done. But I want to verify this PTO will work for my truck.

Also it was operated by a cable. Has anyone ever seen a deuce PTO operated by a cable?

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The differences in gasser winches and M/F's are the driveshafts. Gassers have a larger diameter shaft. You'll have to either grind clearance or use a multi shaft. The cable is wrong and never was used.

Josh

As this is the only deuce PTO I've ever seen in person, I just wanted to double check. And I guess its time to start tracking down all the PTO linkage.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I can see, that does not like like a standard m35 pto. Does it have any numbers on it, or a brand name? If you search pto, there has been pics posted.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:

It might have come off of an M35 but who knows what tranny it had....:???:
The PTO pictured above will never mount to a M35 3052 or 3053 gear box, that's for sure!
See how the input gear looks like on a stock M35 tranny PTO, below...

G.

Attachments

Tackettr

Looks like bolt holes may match but gears do not. Currently rebuilding mine, it looks looks just like gringel's above. Good luck.

Josh

Well ****. Ill degrease this PTO and see if I can get any numbers off it. Otherwise does anyone have a deuce PTO they would let go cheap :sad:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As said above, the gears don't look like they will mate up to the deuce trans.

Chelsea did make a PTO that fit the deuce trans but I don't remember the number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks