• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulling Cummins 250 IP and other parts

dk8019

So I'm pulling the small external parts off a canned Cummins 250 I bought from GL. I was considering holding on to the whole thing, but there's no place to put it at the time, and it can't sit in the back of my M814 forever. So far I've pulled the alternator, PS pump, starter, both manifolds, and I'm working on the IP. I've pulled on the bolts from it, and I'm guessing I need to remove the main bolt on the pulley as well, but the bolt won't budge, even using my impact wrench, so I'm guessing there's some trick to removing it. Any clues?

2nd, what other parts should I remove from the block before I scrap it? I was considering pulling the oil pump as well, perhaps the water pump as well, I just don't want to miss anything before it goes away.

All and all I wish I could hold on to it. I pulled the oil filter and the oil looks quite nice, so I'm still at a loss for why it was swapped in the first place by the military.

derby

That is a shame to scrap. I think the pump has 4 bolts and it pops off. It has ben a while since i pulled it off. I wonder if that engine is good? might find a home up here?

dk8019

I agree, I don't want to scrap it, but it's got to go soon. A few have PM'd me all I want for the block is jsut scrap value I suppose, can't be more than $100 or so.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks