• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulling the 3rd. member's on M1078 = time ?

1951M1078

For a first timer with good tools,how long will it take to pull the front and the rear 3rd. member ?

Thinking about the high speed gears but will need to do it myself . Don't have the money to pay someone to do it.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Auctionaddict reported 8 hrs on front and 4 on rear. Something like that anyway. For the entire job.

1951M1078

Thanks !

Need to pull them to do a swap and needed to know about the time.

Do you think this was both in and out ? So maybe 4 out for the front and 2 out for the rear ?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Front is going to be tougher due to the planetary gears. Rear should be pretty straight forward and simple. Probably much shorter on getting them out and then multiple hours getting everything back together. If you haven't done something like the front it might be worth the expense of having at least that one done at a shop.

1951M1078

Thanks !

Been thinking I need to get my hands dirty now so if on the road it will be something I have seen before. Setting up the front hubs will be the sticking point ? Would need to work on getting the specal tools for the gear lash.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your hubs are quiet, just put it all back like it was. It is very easy to mark how much the bearing nut was tightened and re- tighten it to the same clocking. You can do this with your fingers believe it or not.