• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pumps and setups

ARYankee

Ok guys.. I have recently been getting a lot deeper into the whole WMO thing for my deuce. I have the capacity but not really the means. I've been searching here and on the net for some pumps and systems. I just found a setup from Redline Pumps. The price doesn't look too bad. I was wondering if anyone has purchased anything from them. I'm thinking of purchasing a setup and of course adding a water separator and possibly some extra filtration. I'm also looking at a Johnson Pump which are Sweden made. Has anyone bought any of those pumps? Once I get something I'll post the meaty details about it.

Yohan

Out of curiosity, have you considered a centrifuge? I got one from Wolverine Technologies and love it. Good luck in your search!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
To be honest, the "fudge" is the best way to clean your fuel. OTOH, I am cheap and using a pneumatic barrel pump has worked well for years. Let me see if I can find pics/info on my setup. I know I posted it here somewhere.

ODdave

Like chris, im cheep too. here is a pump i made using an old power steering pump and a motor from a furnace. i modified the pressure relief valve so it would flow thicker fluids with less resistance on the motor. I have pumped literaly THOUSANDS of gallons of WMO with it and it is still working great. i have about $40 into it but of corse that will vary depending how resorcefull you are :smile:

Attachments

oddshot

Like chris, im cheap too. here is a pump i made using an old power steering pump and a motor from a furnace. i modified the pressure relief valve so it would flow thicker fluids with less resistance on the motor. I have pumped literally THOUSANDS of gallons of WMO with it and it is still working great. I have about $40 into it but of course that will vary depending how resourceful you are :smile:
I'm thinking about doing the same thing ... with an old lawn mower engine. I got an old horizontal shaft 5 horse that runs pretty good.

I think a rig like that would be helpful/useful when pumping wmo in remote locations.

oddshot

ARYankee

Well I took the plunge and just bought a setup. I bought it from Redline Equipment. It was $434 including shipping. I was just tired of trying to find what I wanted for a pump and motor. I ran across them on a search. I purchased the 12V setup so it can be portable. Now I have an idea of what kind of filtering and how I will set that up. Once I get it all together I will post pictures and details.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks