• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Push button headlight switch testing.

Jones

I've got two push button headlight switches and want to test them but have nothing with 24 volt M-series wiring system I can plug them into. Is there any way to test these (VOM?) to make sure I don't just have 2 push button headlight switch paperweights?

Jones

Good idea with a 24v source.
I know the switches are static sensitive; even to the point of being told to connect the ground to the switch body first before plugging it into the wiring harness. Just as soon not smoke it while testing it to see if it's good.

williamh

Just curious , how do you have a couple of 24v push button switches but no truck to put them in to test ? I have always wanted a couple just never could find one I wanted to spend that kind of money on. Having said that🥲 I have several old style switch’s and when I tested them I just hooked them into the trucks harness and tried them out. Had someone stand behind the truck to check the break lights tho. 😜

Jones

It's a gift-- and a curse. After having a few deuces and starting my baby HEMTT project, I seem to have managed to end up with some spare parts that I'm still unearthing.
Trades / swaps / being paid in parts for some fabrication projects for others-- it all seems to accumulate... or maybe it just multiplies in the dark?
After my back surgery and a lifetime 10# lifting restriction (regularly ignored), I resigned myself to only taking on projects where any given part or sub-assembly weighs less than I do.

Current inventory / debris field includes but is not limited to; two MaxAx kits minus the pouches, a few extra attachments for same, an EMCU-116 power supply w/ cables, one LED parking light, one LED tail light, gutted housings for same, one three-lever light switch, two push button light switches, two armored vehicle headlight assys w/ the vehicle mount sockets the lights attach to, a large binder-sized "Transportability Guide" which tells weights and dimensions and how to secure almost all M-Series equipment, two not-sure-what-they-fit interior lights, two NOS curved outrigger instruction plates for a HEMTT, five crimp-on cable terminals (the hard to find ones with the tab that comes out the center; used inside the NATO plug slave cable head)., bits and pieces of M-37 era slave cable connectors. a NIB SINGARS radio rack / mounting assy., some stuff even I can't identify... and I'm still stumbling across stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks