• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Put Burt to work

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best ride I ever had in the M813 was when the Guard donated some surplus bottled water to us, because they didn't have room to store it.

At the end of a show on Camp Mabry, they asked "Hey, can we donate some left over water to y'all to get it out of our way?"
I told them "Sure!".
They ended up loading three full pallets of water in the bed! Truck rode really smoothly like that.

That was the same show where I came out to the M813 and found the Guard troops had hooked up a brand new M149 water trailer to it.
Much as it pained me to do so, I had to say "Umm...that trailer's not mine...".
They'd have probably never noticed their water trailer was missing, but I'd always know it was illicitly come by. :|

Cheers

ToddJK

The weight definitely makes a difference. I have 550 gallons of wmo in the back of my truck now and it definitely smooths the ride out, but sure is noticeable on the brakes. I got two steel drums that I'm thinking I'm gonna spruce up since my back cover is open and everyone can see them. I ordered some decals for 245 Trioxin labels based off the "Return of the living dead" for a fun factor. I might have to add my half zombie to it once it gets closer to Halloween to further indulge in my fantasy, lol.

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use concrete a wall block @. 2200lbs each. they cost about 50$ for the plain ones and have a lifting eye cast in them so you can use a tractor or healthy tree/winch to remove them. http://bonnerconcrete.com/products_details.php?prod_id=100
Thats a good idea.
I have a 1,000# capacity crane in the back so maybe 2 or 3 at less weight. Have to have something I can in/out by myself with limited capabilities. I see the #4050s are just under 1,000 lbs.

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The weight definitely makes a difference. I have 550 gallons of wmo in the back of my truck now and it definitely smooths the ride out, but sure is noticeable on the brakes. I got two steel drums that I'm thinking I'm gonna spruce up since my back cover is open and everyone can see them. I ordered some decals for 245 Trioxin labels based off the "Return of the living dead" for a fun factor. I might have to add my half zombie to it once it gets closer to Halloween to further indulge in my fantasy, lol.
Cool. Maybe some empty drums with friends dressed in Zombie masks to pop out when kids get close.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks