• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Putting IP back in and Timing Refresher

KN6KXR

There's a Walbro pump on fleabay right now for about half of new. It's a 6054 (6000 series). Not as fancy as the newer marine style ones but I have a 6067 on my truck and the damn thing is bulletproof. Mounted on the frame rail with new premium Parker sleeved fuel line and fittings. Pump will do 48" of dry lift and 43gph at 7psi self regulated. One and done.

Did mine before I cracked open the system (after running around with a dead stock one for awhile). Didn't want to get in trouble.....

rustystud

Well look on the bright side of this whole debacle. You know how to "primary time" and install your injection pump correctly on your Deuces diesel engine !!!
This is also a warning to all others who don't have a working fuel tank pump. Don't lose "prime" !

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am just happy for @Dasgog because it sure feels good when the truck starts and runs as it should!
Also, psychologically, it shows the truck who's boss!
It'll think twice about failing again. My theory and I am sticking with it.

On a serious note, it must be the difference in rotation speed that keeps it a non-starter when cranking on battery and makes it fire up when running on ether. Higher rpm is really the only difference.
Ties in with the success story of frustrated people that towed the truck behind another truck and after being pulled in gear for a mile it would suddenly pop off and run. Similar forces at work, I'd think.

Dasgog

Believe me I am happy too. It’s like I knew it was all correct, I knew I did it right (only cause I verified like 3 times) and so it not working really have me anxiety and loss of sleep.
I knew it was a fuel issue I just could not fathom why it would not start or even attempt. I mean I suppose the answer was obvious; no fuel pump and air in lines.
Whew. Today I can finally clean up the area around the truck.
The true true joy was, I did have it right! It was an unknown we had to work out. Needless to say; an external fuel pump is going in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks