• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Putting the CBC in Bob D. Deuce

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Tailgate stays down with that I guess? Looks real nice. You guys are going to make me get ANOTHER TRUCK dang it.

Blythewoodjoe

My biggest regret making this truck was not making the bed 9'. It's about 6" shorter than a M105 and I had planned to remove the tailgate when this was in so I could see the tail lights, but I think I am going to put a set in the CBC and have a plug for them. The tail gate it too handy down. Otherwise it is all but impossible to get into the back of the truck.

dirtyfingernails

That is simply outstanding! Perfect fit. Joe, where'd you get the CBC? Is there something I could look for that was made for the M105 like that? I'd love to be able to put something like that in my bed. Thanks.
Steve

Attachments

Blythewoodjoe

This CBC is designed for the M105 so you guys with the 105 beds on the back can use it. I think it is the perfect "camper".

As for bed length, I could have put a 9 foot bed on my truck it would be a little move over hang and for a dump that would be good. If you look you will find most cargo trucks including the M35 or F150 have the axle centered with the bed. I didn't look closely at stuff before I cut my bed up and mounted it on the truck. I only noticed that after I installed mine. Part of this mentality comes from the popularity of the M105 bed on the back of the bobbed deuces. The M105 "trailer" has the axle off set to the back. All trailers like that are made that way so you have tongue weight. Ironically the 9' or so the M105 bed is perfect for the bob with the axle located in the original location. The fender well don't match though. Also 9' if perfect for this too. My F350 cab and chassis has almost the same layout from the cab back as my bobbed deuce. The stock cab and chassis truck uses a 9' bed. Heck, we where selling Bradford beds a year ago. One of them would look nice on old bob too.

Blythewoodjoe

Hey I just had a thought. Would any of you guys be interested in a custom made bed for the bobbed deuce that would be the same width as the front fenders, 9' long and would accept all the M105 stuff, but be a flat bed like the stock M35. That is close to what I have but I made mine a little shorter. In fact I used a stock bed and shortened it and reduced the width. Maybe just a blue print of how to cut up the stock bed and how to make sides. Just a thought.

Blythewoodjoe

It is the "new" cover for the M105. I don't know the exact height but it is not a stand up deal. I have the TM for it, can I post it on the site or is it copyright protected? It cost me money and I am sure the people I bought if from would think it's protected, but how does that work with a copy of a military manual?

Here's the thread I posted a few weeks ago with it still in the trailer
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=166574&highlight=#166574

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks