• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Putting the Deuce to work

M215

Howdy SS,
I've posted pictures of the M215 dump truck several times, but here is one of the real work truck. We have this M35 rigged to tow our track loader into the woods. We are clearing land to build our new house in the middle of 70 acres, the primitive access lane is about 3/4 mile through the woods. Add a little rain to the trail and it is 10 wheel drive all the way in, a regular truck could never make it. The new place is about 9 miles from our current house, the M35 can maintain 45 mph on the roads with the load. The electric brakes on the trailer take care of the stopping. For what these trucks are capable of doing compared to their cost, priceless!

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like I said before, I envy you guys with alot of land. I'd love to be able to just go and let the truck work.

westfolk

Sometime I'll post pics of my trucks at work.....Whether that be an M35A2 with 21K of stone in the bed. nee-M275A2 pulling a 28K excavator or 44K Gradall; M52A2 pulling an 80K Komatsu PC400. Or like I did today the M275A2 hauling a 44K load of scrap in to be recycled. I put them to work daily. And for those that may remember my other pics...I did figure what was going on with my Photohouse. My pics will be "lookable".

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
For what these trucks are capable of doing compared to their cost, priceless!
There are several of us that completely 100% agree.

I have already saved hundreds of dollars with mine, hauling bulk mulch for my Dad and myself, getting rid of yard debris, picking up lumber, etc. I can put a lot more lumber in this thing than my little F-150 SuperCrew will carry.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm right there with you guys. If it can't work, it's gotta go. I've gotten more use out of the little crane than I ever thought I could. Dang I love this hobby.

Katch1

Yes they are very useful for the price, try buying a cherry pick-up truck for $2-3k, not gonna happen. The real bonus is tactical trucks will go where no civilian truck will, and haul a load at the same time! Maybe we should keep all this info secret, may make my next truck more expensive.

Pinkie

I like it, I haven't beeb able to put mine to work yet because I can not find anything big enough for it to do, just been ferrying pople around. I will find something for it to do one of these days.